Tread is a SaaS platform that enables trainers and gyms to streamline their workflow and scale their remote fitness coaching online.
Personal Fitness Trainers onboarded
Workouts created and Assigned to clients
Minutes of workouts logged and tracked.
Product Walkthrough 💻
- Personal fitness trainers find it difficult to build their independent brand online and retain clients.
- Trainers also find it difficult to capture and track their client progress.
- Trainers/gyms currently spend a lot of time on admin related tasks which they could potentially use to acquire more clients and cater to them.
- We built a SaaS tool providing a dashboard for trainers to automate and manage their workflow.
- We provided them with a drag and drop workout builder for creating workout plans on the fly and assign it to their clients.
- We also created a PWA for their clients using which they get guided visual workouts, workout logging, feedback and tracking metrics.
- We did customer discovery interviews with 50+ personal trainers, understanding their pain points, motivations, monetary status, tech-savviness, etc.
- We then researched existing products that solved their problems and did an in-depth competitive analysis of their features, pricing, market, and customers.
- Based on our user interviews and research, we designed a few user personas which helped us come up with few user stories.
- We then used all the information to come up with the list of features needed to build the MVP. After prioritizing the most important features, we created a product roadmap.
- Once we finalized our roadmap, we started sketching out low and high fidelity product wireframes in Figma.
- We went ahead and built the features progressively as a web app using the MERN stack and hosted it on Heroku.
- We released the first version of the MVP to a select few trainers, got their valuable feedback and requests. Then we iterated multiple times, fixing issues and building new features.
- Conducted product research, analyzed similar competitor products and documented the results.
- Conceptualized and designed the entire product mock-ups, user interfaces and experiences.
- Developed the first version of back-end for the platform and worked closely with front-end developer to integrate it.
- Qualified for IIM Bangalore NSRCEL 2-month Pre-Incubation Program and progressed till the final stage.
- Built 3 micro-communities with 275+ users, 1600+ workouts, and 160,000+minutes of logged workouts.
- Won Ventura'20, International B-Model Competition of NIT Trichy.